Saturday, May 22, 2010

Crush...

I found a few minutes to jump on here.... there will be a better update, with pictures soon. 6 days is when the BIG move is!!!
*******
Riley had electronics day on Thursday. To be honest, this last 2 weeks of school has been pure torture. I'm sending my kid to school to have fun. I want him out of school, to move to my new home!!! Anyhow, he took his DS, as did much of the class. On the DS, there is a PictoChat. This is a feature where you can draw and write messages, and send them to other DS owners that are close. Anyhow, a girl named Mattea, sent Riley a message that said.... I LOVE YOU! What the what??? The next morning I was teasing Riley, just a bit. Riley declared.... "Both Meghan AND Mattea have a CRUSH on me! But I only have a crush on Meghan!!!!" It is so, so cute!!!
*******
What is not cute, is a "3rd" grade attitude Riley seems to have developed recently. I blame the kids who have older siblings, that rub off on the youngsters. It's not terrible, just a bit annoying. I think it's these laid back days at school, especially electronics day, where the kids do a bit of "trash" talking, while playing video games. It's just the process of growing up, and I need to get used to it soon.... Summer time should give me some time to rub some politeness and manners back onto Riley!

1 comment:

Leesa said...

That is too cute about Riley and the two girls!
I bet as I write this you're in the midst of your move!! Yay!!! Can't wait to come visit you in your new home!