Sunday, September 9, 2012

The Lion King

Friday night, we were so very lucky to go see "The Lion King" in Wichita! I was slightly nervous, wondering how my boys would do, this being their first musical...but years ago, when it came to Kansas City, Jake and I had kicked ourselves for not taking the boys, and when it was announced it was coming to Wichita, I was not going to miss it. I am glad I waited for them to be older before I took them, it is a long show. It was just AMAZING!! I imagined it being this way, but it exceeded all of my expectations and now I'm ready to see it again! 
(Why does the flash on my phone have to be so blinding??? This was the best I could get.)
So, what did the boys think?
Well, Reece agrees with me, and wants to see it again. He couldn't pick out one thing that was his favorite, because it was ALL great! The second half was a little less action packed, and it was way past his bedtime, so he was a bit tired, but it didn't change his review. He gave it a 10 out of 10. Our seats were in the very last row in the balcony, and at first we were worried we were going to be disappointed with the view, but it turned out to be the best place for us. You see, Reece is literally a ball of energy.... and in the back row, we didn't have to worry about containing him too much. He could stand, sit, sit on his feet and we didn't have anyone behind us to worry about. Which made it stress free for us, and as for the view, we saw it all and loved it all!
Riley, however, only gave it a 7 out of 10. Riley went into this show not thinking he was going enjoy it, and I think he made sure that happened. This is just Riley for you, it's hard to get excitement from him, and although it stresses me out, I better get used to it. He doesn't really like to try to enjoy things that aren't his idea. We had storms during the day, on Friday, and Riley was actually hoping the storms would keep us from going.... yeah right! Not sure what would keep me from going to see Lion King, but it would have to be way more than a thunderstorm! I will have to be happy with his 7. 
If this show comes back, we will not miss it. It was incredible! So happy we got to go!

1 comment:

Leesa said...

Yay! I'm so glad you guys got to see it! I have heard only good things about it. :)