Saturday, October 6, 2012

School Pictures

 Riley, age 10
Mrs. Smith's 5th Grade Class
(Riley told me he should have smiled more. hehe)
Reece, age 7
Mrs. Backhus' 2nd Grade Class
I officially have zero signs of a baby face any more. It's super sad to see proof. I pulled out Riley's 1st to 2nd grade transition school pictures, and saw the exact same thing. It was very hard for me to deal with Reece moving on to 2nd grade this year, because I remembered Riley disliking school at that age. I know that it is because there is more school work, and less fun learning your ABC and 123 activities. Less art work is coming home. It's school time. He is doing great at 2nd grade, but it's still hard seeing them grow so fast.
Speaking of art work, I haven't seen anything come home yet, but Reece did bring his "Name Art" home yesterday, and he was pretty proud of it. So, here it is!
Riley was having a great year. His one good friend, Terry, was in his class and life was great! Notice I used the word "was" a few times here.... Terry has transferred to the local Catholic school. Riley got no warning, and it hit him pretty hard. I think he was ready to cry on that day, when he came home. I was ready to cry too. It's been a week of no Terry, and I think he's doing okay, but I worry as the year goes on. It's really just the social times that he will struggle, because Riley is that kid that gets along with everyone, but only has a few close friends. I can only hope that Terry and Riley will meet up in Middle School. Chances are it will be in 7th, because the Catholic school goes through 6th. Just keep this boy in your thoughts.... he's a trooper!

No comments: