Sunday, May 5, 2013

Sleepwalker



This is the calm after another episode... he doesn't remember a thing.

I never posted much after we first discovered that Reece truly does sleepwalk. 
Back when we learned of this, it was just after he had that allergic reaction to something and had swollen cheeks...well we kept him on Claritin for a few days, as the doctor requested. Those were by far the worst nights he had. He was definitely reacting to the Claritin. On top of doing strange things each and every night, he was waking up with beads of sweat all over him. When I put that together, we stopped the Claritin immediately, and thankfully his cheeks were looking normal by then too.

After he got off the meds, his sleepwalking has been more random. Usually, he just walks into our room, gives me a hug, and goes right back to bed. Last Sunday, he came in, hugged me, I asked if he needed to use the bathroom, he shook his head no, but went there anyway. It sounded like he was brushing his teeth, so Jake went to peek on him, and had him come out. He came straight to my room, climbed in bed and hugged me. Then he began rambling about being scared in his room...not normal. He has NEVER been scared in his room...unless there is thunder outside. He was a little panicked and I just hugged him and asked him to lay down and close his eyes. He did, he follows directions much better as a sleepwalker. After a while, Jake carried him back to bed, and in the morning, Reece remembered nothing!

The next morning, I found his tongue scraper in the trash can... one other time I found his toothbrush there. So, I guess our toothbrushes aren't safe at night if Reece is sleepwalking. ;)
***
A Reece Funny:
Yesterday at breakfast, Reece asked me how many brothers I had when I was younger... I had to joke with him that I have the same amount that I do now. Then it was how many sisters. This quickly turned into the fact that when Riley has kids, his kids will only have one uncle. It was this fact, that got Reece wondering if "Uncle Reece" sounded good together or not. He thought it sounded funny. He was either pointing out that he loves having a large family and LOTS of aunts and uncles and cousins, or he was hinting that he wanted more siblings. Either way, this kid is too eager to grow up. He has told us numerous times that he can't wait to grow up and have a job, because he knows you have to have a job to have money. I hope he sets his goals high and develops an "go-get-em" attitude and ethics, but can he PLEASE just be a kid for now!?!?

No comments: