Thursday, November 21, 2013

Sleepwalker

It's been awhile since we've had an episode with Reece, but when you mix several hours of being very sick (darn stomach bug) and extra tiredness... you are bound to see one.

Reece wanted to sleep on the couch one more night (he was doing much better by the evening, thankfully) I obliged, and he wanted me to sleep out there too. I have a soft spot after I see my boy suffer all day... so a campout in the living room it was. We were both exhausted so our campout began around 8:30. After this the timeline got a little fuzzy, because I didn't have a clock to refer to in the living room.

Reece woke me up as I heard him get up from the couch and start walking to our room. I called his name, thinking he forgot I was on the other couch. He came back and when I asked what he was doing, his answer was, "Giving dad a hug." That was my red flag that he was sleepwalking. He likes hugs at these times... He laid down, then he got back up and touched my shoulder. I asked if he was okay, yes, are you sleepwalking, no.... "Well, what are you doing?" He mumbled something about the bathroom but he was walking the opposite way... I told him to get to the bathroom and he followed my directions. (He is also very obedient at these times) I heard him, and things were so rushed in the bathroom I was almost worried that he left a big mess in the bathroom, which Jake checked and thankfully it was fine... Reece came back out and began getting settled down, that's when I heard a very quiet, "What the heck?" Then I hear him heading back to our room. Jake is talking to him, and when he walks him back out to the couch, Reece stretches his arms out to show just how big the snowball under the coffee table is. (What??) Yep... like normal, he almost hallucinates during his episodes, he carried on about the snowball under the coffee table, I mean it's HUGE, and Jake was indulging him and talking about the snowball, saying it's okay, and that we will get rid of it later. Reece must have mentioned something about shooting it with his gun... but his panic subsided and Jake got him to relax and lay down, and I thought that was the end. Nope. Shortly afterwards, Reece got up one last time and went to Jake...finally, Jake had him just lay in my spot and close his eyes and I never heard from Reece again that night. Now I'm just extra, extra tired while I'm slowly getting ready for our healthy, back to reality Thursday!

1 comment:

Jenny Meirowsky said...

Sleepwalking is scary! Parker has done it a couple of times. His last episode Kevin found him out in the garage getting into our truck. He even opened the garage door. AHHHH! Kevin was about to go get his gun cuz he thought someone was trying to break in; but I guess Parker was trying to break out. How often does Reece sleepwalk?