Thursday, July 30, 2009

New Bike, Sleeping Mask, and a Reece

Today was a wonderful day for Reece. After we, unsuccessfully, tried to teach Riley how to ride his bike without training wheels, we went to look at more bikes. Riley fits on his bike okay, but is on the verge of needing a bigger one. We went to Walmart, and Reece became quite fond of a bike his size. We had him test it out a bit, but we had an appointment, and needed to leave and come back later. Reece was so scared to leave his bike behind.
"I don't want anyone to steal my bike!"
We never even said he was getting a bike, but we couldn't resist. Reece had claimed it, and he looked super cute on it too. Thankfully, when we did return, Reece's bike was still there. This was the proudest 4 year old ever! He pushed it all the way to checkout, and then to the truck.
As far as Riley's bike goes, we decided we wanted Riley to try harder at riding his bike, before we put money into a new one. Trust me, he still has a little growing room on his current bike.
Next, Reece is now sleeping with a sleeping mask. So funny! I have a sleeping mask, that only makes an appearance when I have my terrible migraines. It keeps it dark, and applies pressure in just the right places. I'm still in excruciating pain, but it helps some. Well. this week I had a lovely migraine, and Reece got a hold of my mask, when my pain was gone. Ever since he has been sleeping with it. I snuck in to take a picture.
That's my boy!

2 comments:

Shenna said...

That is great! I love that he's sleeping with the mask, and that he found his bike!

Walker Family said...

This picture is ADORABLE! How cute!