Friday, July 16, 2010

One Woman's Trash....

...is now my treasure. Sort of.
A huge pet peeve of mine, is when you buy a formerly lived in home, random things get left behind. I think it's rude, and just plain annoying. This dresser (among many more annoying items) was left in our bedroom. I tried to make the best of it, and now it looks like this. The flash from my camera, makes it look pink, but it's really the tan color we used in our hallway, with the Rain color from the master room, and I used the white from all the trim work in our house. I found myself quite resourceful!! This is now our guest room dresser!!
*********
Our guest room is also the only room that has these natural wood doors. I love it! I wish all of our doors were this color! Instead they all have layers of paint on them....

4 comments:

Amanda Thompson said...

you guys have done such a GREAT job. i was just down in south dallas looking at those doors. it's this demo place that sells all the fun stuff they get out of the OLD houses. they were selling the 5 panel doors for $55 each and the ones that are nice like yours were $100 each.

Leesa said...

Yay for treasures! I got an ugly green dresser at a garage sale for $5.00 and now it's Taylor's nice brown dresser.
As for the layers of paint on your doors - I saw on a DIY show that you can buy something to apply that takes layers and layers of paint off doors. Don't know what it was called - but it worked!

Shenna said...

Nice job on the dresser! It looks fabulous!!!

jody-of-all-trades said...

I'm so proud!!!