Sunday, April 10, 2011

Where The Wild Things Are

Well, if nothing exciting is happening around here, at least I can show off some more art.... I really am starting to feel as though I've sent Reece to an art school. It's been fun though!!
They made "Wild" things from the book.
This is my favorite.... it's a "BUG PARK."
There are twisty slides, a teeter totter and monkey bars.
Dr. Seuss had another birthday,
Happy St. Patrick's Day!
And then there is Riley.... he doesn't get to do as many crafts. But he has brought home some fun ones. Like this Chinese Dragon.
And, Riley's Castle!
Look at the details!!
A peek inside, a paper Riley in his castle!
Riley just finished his first year of State Assessments. I haven't received results, but he feels he did good. He handled them well too!
**
The boys have been doing a basketball camp every Saturday morning too. It's going well.... McPherson takes their basketball seriously and the egos we come across on the court are quite obnoxious.... it makes me wonder if I really want to keep my kids on this path. I love the high school coach. He really starts with the fundamentals at a young age. He really focuses on passing vs. driving/dribbling, and acknowledging assists, or the one who got you the ball before you scored.
**
Other than that, the boys have spent all of their time outside these last few weeks. I had to bribe them to go outside in Gardner, but here, they love it! Riley is still my kid that needs some down time and indoor time, but I'm so loving the time they are out running around and interacting! I think they are already getting little tan cheeks!

No comments: