Tuesday, January 3, 2012

A New Year

Well, Christmas has come and gone.... and amazingly new year has already begun! I'm excited to start 2012, but not as excited that it is back to the work/school routine starting tomorrow!!
We had a wonderful, mostly relaxing, Christmas break.... a few more days would be even better, but it must end at some point!
We were excited to get back to Gardner for a day, to see some of our very favorite people EVER! Unfortunately, I am kicking myself about my lack of taking pictures.... you'll see why.
I didn't pull it out, until after Scott and Brynn left the Ringel home! I'm so terribly sad... so here is the next best thing. I scanned their school pictures, wishing I could cut and paste them in the picture above. I have just gotten so terrible about snapping pictures of everything!
It was a wonderful 6 hours of catching up with these friends!
My old buddy, Zakk, jumped in this one....
Reece, Logan, Riley and Tyler.
We just don't find friends like these 4, everyday.... truly the only part of KC I really miss.
***
When we left the Ringel home, we went and met up with Aunt Jaime for a quick dinner and then we went to see and stay at Uncle Shawn's new house in Shawnee. Since we didn't have much of an agenda, I treated the boys to a Fork and Screen movie at the AMC 30 theaters.... it's crazy expensive, but it is a treat that you just don't find in little old McPherson. We saw 'We Bought A Zoo.' I honestly thought it was more geared towards kids, but it wasn't the most action packed movie, and poor Reece was very antsy by the end of it. It was a long movie..... better luck with the choice of movie next time! After the movie, we got to meet up with my future sister in law's family (very near future..... 01.21.12) and we got to chat for a while before the boys and I hit the road.
***
Other than our family actually surviving the countdown to 2012, we have laid pretty low key. They boys have enjoyed each other the entire break, and when asked, they are NOT ready for school.... but I have a feeling they will get there, soon!
Happy New Year to everyone!

1 comment:

Tommi said...

We all truly miss you guys to. Gardner just isn't the same without you, just like I knew it would be! Thanks for coming to see us, it really made our break!