Sunday, March 9, 2014

Kind Words

Friday afternoon I received a random phone call from Ms. Houchin, Reece's Spanish teacher. She just wanted to call and tell me how much of a joy Reece has been to teach. She thinks he is very mature for a 3rd grade boy and she is so happy to have him in her specials class. Apparently Reece got up with her to do a silly dance in class and he didn't care what anyone else thought...which surprises me so much, because Reece has always been the more self conscience of my two boys. It was a phone call I wish I could have recorded, since it's so hard to remember things word for word when you are thrown off guard a bit. I'm so proud of Reece. He is my child I was so nervous to send to school when he was 5, as he was my more rambunctious kid...turns out he takes rules very seriously, so we've never had a problem. He listens to teachers well and thinks they know everything, as mom and dad do not know it all. I think he is a good example to other peers and now that I see him getting more comfortable in his own skin, I see great things happening!
***
The last few weeks we have had Reece in, getting evaluated for orthodontic care. He is missing an adult tooth, which is apparently more common than you think. And of course, it's a tooth that would be noticeable as an adult if we chose to do nothing about it. One opinion we got was to get started right away...to keep his adult tooth from coming in the wrong space. The other opinion we got was to wait a few years, allow that tooth to come in to keep the jaw bone strong enough to eventually support an implant. I'm glad we got the second opinion. It made more sense and we will wait to get started in 3-5 years. Either way it will be a lot of work to get a smile that will keep Reece confident, but it will all be worth it.

No comments: