Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day!

Happy Valentine's Day to all! I personally don't enjoy the holiday that much, and think it is a little silly. However, I remember loving it as a kid. Riley got to have his Valentine party at school. Something so exciting about getting so many silly cards. We have a really cool neighbor that gets both the boys little treat bags every holiday. Valentine's, Christmas, Halloween, you name it. They love that and I am currently wearing many silly heart stickers that came today in the treat bag. The funny sayings make them laugh. We got them a new DS game and a couple new books. The game was, without a doubt, a hit. We'll see if the books get some use anytime soon.
There is one reason I do look forward to V-day...my birthday is the day after. While I have reached an age ,where I don't enjoy getting another year older, I still love having MY birthday. Even though it has been hard turning older, I am just thankful for my Mom's youthful looks. Actually, my Mom and Dad's. Neither one looks the age they are, and I still get asked what High School I go to. So, I guess I can't complain yet. Thanks to everyone who has sent Birthday Wishes, I really appreciate them.
We got 2 new fish this week (to replace Fin). The clever names are Fin and Duck. Riley is keeping a tally at how many days they are still alive. Does that seem odd? The tally is 4. YAY! This time Jake was involved and fish are doing well. I learned that Riley also got to name his class fish. Mrs. Simmons drew a name out of a hat, and it was the name Riley picked out. (Drum Roll please) The name was FIN!! Must be his favorite name right now.
We had Riley's parent-teacher conferences this week. Riley is doing so well in everything. Testing above average on everything. We need to just slow down on reading and make sure he comprehends what he is reading. His reading level is high, but if he can't comprehend it, it means nothing. Now when we read together, we stop after each page and I ask what just happened. It will take some work, but we'll get there.
Riley also admitted last night that he has a girlfriend in his class. Her name is Alaina, and he says that he looks for her every recess. Not sure why...maybe he chases her around, like a typical, boy way of showing that he likes her. Too cute. If I would've known, we could have gotten her some special chocolate. :)
Not sure what to say about Reece this week. We did just get him enrolled for preschool. Yikes! My baby is so close to school. Mixed emotions there. I am ready, because he needs all of my attention and can't entertain himself, but sad because he is my baby! He will be in the same class as his cousin, Brevin. Reece tells us he can go to school, because he is getting bigger and bigger. The poor boy can't wait.
Well, it is Valentine's day and Jake is at work. We got to go to a baby shower, for a friend at work, and other than that, it's just a relaxing day at home. I am waiting for the KU/KState game to start. We have to win, because we are coming off a disappointing loss to Mizzou! Boo! I hope everyone has a fantastic day, mine will probably be determined by the game results.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Im guessing by the game results that you had the best v-day EVER?!?!?!
So cute about your little Reece. I cant believe he is ready for preschool either. I cried on Landons first day!!
I hope you have a great day tomorrow, I will call you in the morning!

Shenna said...

Happy Birthday! It is crazy how quickly kids grow up. Maddi will hopefully be starting preschool this fall. I'm really excited for her, but that just means she's getting older, which is a sad thing.