Thursday, February 19, 2009

Riley=Anti-School?

Riley just got a 5 1/2 day weekend. His first day he went back was Tuesday, and conveniently, he gets sent home sick with a fever. Due to the school policy, a student can't return until they have been 24 hours without a fever, they knew he wouldn't be able to return the next day. Usually, his fever comes and goes quickly, however on Wednesday we went to the doctor when he still had a mild fever, a cough and a sore throat. He was diagnosed with a sinus infection for the second time in weeks. The doctor wasn't surprised at all. She says she has been seeing the same faces in her office, over and over. We got another round of antibiotics and went home. I was so sure his fever would be gone soon, but knew he wouldn't be going back to school today, due to the 24 hour policy. After he started his medicine, he went to bed with a fever. When the boys are sick they love sleeping in sleeping bags next to my bed. Riley and I both woke up at 2 am, and he was on FIRE. I got him some Motrin and we fell back asleep. We both woke up at 6:30 am, and he was still on fire. I couldn't believe it. This time it was Motrin and his antibiotic. Long story short. He hasn't broken his fever since yesterday. It is slowly coming down, but not gone yet. Here we are at 12:30 pm, and I know Riley can't go to school, again tomorrow. To make things worse, today was picture day. Riley missed his class pictures which makes me really sad. When this is all over, Riley will have had 11 days off! Just so you know, Riley actually LOVES school and this is torcher for him not to be able to go to school.

3 comments:

Andrea said...

Poor kid! Fevers are the worst! Landons took a good week and a half to go away for good. Im sorry, its no fun having sick kids. Especially when they are missing school!

Andrea said...

Why is your blog miniature?

Andrea said...

Okay, perhaps I jumped the gun, because I went back later that night and it wasnt miniature. I think my computer just took a minute to adjust. Sorry for the confusion!!