Wednesday, March 2, 2011

"A Taste of Music"

Monday night, Riley had his music program. It was called "A Taste of Music," and it featured songs mostly about food. They were pretty cute! Riley has terrible stage fright!! He is like his Mom.... doesn't like to be in front of a lot of people.
Riley got a recorder part in the program, and he did very well! I was super impressed! Instruments were never my thing.... I could kind of sing, but play instruments? Not so much!
***
On a sad note.... I was so frustrated with the audience we were sitting with. They were so incredibly noisy and rude! At one point, Mrs. Flaming had to ask us to be quiet!! (When I say "us" it was obviously "them!") I was so embarrassed! Even after she asked, the crowd continued! It was just so disrespectful to her and the kiddos! I was a little ashamed by the end of the night. When I told the ladies I work with about my experience, they weren't surprised.... I think it's an image that the parents from this particular school have received. Sad!! Guess we all can't be just a little classy.....

2 comments:

jody-of-all-trades said...

You know how you stand and wait for your kids to be quiet, just to make a point? Well, I've done that at the beginning of one of my music programs before! Try to teach the kids to be quiet but they have a hard time when their parents cant do it! Sad.

Jacque said...

I hear ya! At our school we have a saying.... The teacher raises her hand and says, "Please Pause!" That's the kids cue to be quiet and they raise their hands to show that they heard it. We'll she did it once to the kids..... this time the parents were the real problem! Very sad!