Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Old Cowtown

I feel so lucky I was able to take off work to chaperon Riley to Wichita's Old Cowtown Museum. Here we are, first thing in the morning..... Riley was VERY excited, and I seem to be tired in this picture. Riley's cuteness makes up for that!
Reece and Dad, feeling left out!
Our class started out in the One Room Schoolhouse.


We then learned about the start of a new town. We had to pretend that we were going to take a 3 month trip in a covered wagon to a new town in Kansas. Our wagon only held 2,000 pounds so we had to choose which belongings we felt most necessary. Riley's group chose bacon.
This was my 6 kids that I got to be in charge of..... my only goal was to not let any of them get attacked by a leopard. (Haha!! This is a jab at the mom who couldn't handle her own son last week at the Sedgwick County Zoo, for their field trip..... and he DID get injured from the leopard.) Thankfully, my goal was reached by the end of the day.
Riley, Zac, Silas, Manuel, Belle and Stephany.
So happy to be on the wagon ride.
"I've (We've) been working on the railroad..."

Love the concentration here... Riley trying to get the ball in the cup. Old fashion toys aren't too shabby!
Riley being the man of the house in his cool vest.
Getting a little church in, before we head home!
Belle and Silas were just a little excited over the horses...

The End. What a fun day!!
Riley said this is the 2nd best place he's ever been to..... World's of Fun being #1!

No comments: