Monday, August 15, 2011

Summer's End...

This is it! My first real summer vacation is just hours from ending. Boy, are my emotions mixed! I had really hoped to get on a "summer routine".... but that just did not happen. Instead it was no routine, and for the most part I loved it! I had very few obligations, and my stress level truly appreciates that. The few reasons I'm not ready for school to begin are.... actually there is just one real reason. JACQUE IS NOT A MORNING PERSON!! Haha! I really am not! The worst feeling in the world to me, is waking up to an alarm clock, and to add to that, when the time changes, when it's DARK outside! It's the ABSOLUTE worst!! My friends this summer shared a funny quote with me.... "Morning people are lying to themselves," (author unknown to me) but it was a perfect quote for how I feel about the wee hours of daytime!

Why I'm excited to return back to my job at the school..... first, of course, is getting back on the payroll. Wow! Jake and I have stretched our pockets pretty thin this summer. Next summer we'll need to plan ahead and save a little more. It doesn't help that we have back to school shopping and tags, both in August. Then the projects we chose to do..... it's not like those were free! Even if he does work at Lowes. Back to the subject.... I work with some great ladies! They really make my job feel more like social hour. We are all so different, but really work together so great! I look forward to seeing them daily again! Lastly, the boredom of summer, has finally set in with the boys this past week. We even went to the pool one last time on Saturday, and they were actually bored of it! That was a first!! This no routine for them, has finally caught up with them. It affects them at home with just the 2 of them and even with neighbor friends. They need school again! I know I already said "lastly" but I should put in that with school starting, comes fall, football, and eventually COLLEGE BASKETBALL!!! Yay!! By the time college basketball is over, it will be so close to summer vacation, I'll wonder where the year went!! LOL
So, Farewell Summer!! You were good to us!

FYI: You've noticed I was a blogging machine this summer.... don't hold me to any expectations from here on out! This is where I'll get crazy busy, and amazingly life might be crazy boring!! ;)

No comments: