Monday, June 23, 2014

A couple completed projects...

It didn't take me long to dive back in to painting... we bought the paint weeks ago. I wanted the boys settled for summer as soon as possible. 
This was my first open can... "Steamed Oyster." I was a little worried when I first opened it because it was such a light color, but it immediately went on much darker. I fell in love with this color. It's a very gray color with a brownish hue mixed in. I was a little jealous it was going in Riley's room at the time.

The finished project. We bought new sheets and matched the orange stripe to it, and used "Asiago" as the white-ish stripe. This was a Pinterist inspired design... I just adjusted the colors a little, but not much. Riley's critique... he doesn't like the white. A little too boring I suppose. Jake's response....when you buy your own home you can choose paint colors. ;)

I found this fun lamp at IKEA for Riley.... it matches his orange in his room perfectly. It was too fun to pass up.

Next was Reece's room.... you know where this is going.

Reece's room is the "Jayhawk" room...hopefully not too obnoxious. This was my first attempt at diagonals...I wasn't perfect but I was pretty proud of this work. I made this design on my own...just with the purpose of wanting to try the argyle design. Reece is very happy with his room.

No comments: