Thursday, May 28, 2009

It's Official

I'm a CrAZy person, working 3 jobs!! For the last 9 months I have been working at Jaime's salon, Par Exsalonce Salon and Day Spa. (She does hair there) I've been working guest relations, and the salon has been so great to work our schedules, making Jaime and I work opposite shifts of each other so she could be my back up babysitter. However, I had to drive about 25 minutes each way, and I'm not having as much fun with it anymore. But I still love the girls I work with.
Yesterday, I started a brand new job that I am super excited about. I am working for my local Chiropractor, Dr. Cook. I will be at the front desk and be a receptionist. But, technically I'll have the title of a "Chiropractic Assistant." or CA. I had a great first day, but have a lot to learn and to get organized. I will start out working Monday, Wednesday and Fridays. Dr. Cook is still fairly new, and is building his clientele still. His wonderful wife will be training me. I will have some peace of mind when Riley is back in school, working so close to him. It is literally a small drive across the city of Gardner. Not to mention, the gas I will be saving!! I also turned 26 a little over a year ago, and started to fall apart. A wonderful perk, is free adjustments. That's just what I need for my terrible lower back. I once had a Chiropractor tell me I had flat feet, which was why I thought I had knee and back issues. Yesterday, we took a cool colored picture scan of my feet, and I have nearly perfect arches. YAY!! He's never seen his machine take such a perfect picture. Now, I just have to preserve what I have going for me. =) Well, there are so many perks to working here in town, and Dr. Cook will be flexible with me, and if need be, I can have the boys with me for a while. I'm so excited for this new opportunity that just landed in my lap! Wish me luck.
Lastly, I'm sure you've read my previous blog, I now sell Cookie Lee Jewelry. I have 2 catalog parties going on right now, and I have a few more in the works. What girl doesn't LOVE jewelry?? We'll see. I've gotten several compliments on some of the pieces I've worn, and that is how I got one of my parties booked. I'm just enjoying this as it goes, and we'll see where this takes me. (I might need a little luck there too.)
It sounds like I work around the clock, but it really isn't the case. Monday, Wednesday, and Friday I'm working most of the day at the Chiropractors. I'll have my evenings at home. Tuesday nights and every other Sunday (11-6) I'll work at the Salon. This leaves Thursdays and Saturdays open for Jewelry parties and/or family time. Then I'll have every other Sunday for family. It doesn't sound like a lot, until I write this down. We'll see how this goes. This is my first official week on this new schedule, and who knows, maybe it will turn out being okay to just do the CA and jewelry thing? Time will tell.



2 comments:

Erica said...

Wow, you are a busy lady!!! Hey- thank you guys so much for the gifts! I went back to my classroom to check things out (now that it is mine again--so glad) and I was shocked to find a gift for me! HOW SWEET! I love the candle and chocolate! Thanks again and a special thanks to Riley!!

Shenna said...

Sheesh, you've got a lot going on. I think you should say you have four jobs, because a mommy is another full time job. :) Good luck with everything!