Tuesday, September 29, 2009

4th Grade Journals

Recently, my Mom was cleaning out some house clutter, when she came across many priceless items. One of these items, was my 4th grade journal I had to write to my teacher, Mrs. Leep. My teacher would give us a starter and we would go from there. I've read through these journal entries several times, and each time I end up laughing so hard that I've began crying. One thing I learned is I either REALLY loved Mrs. Leep as a teacher, or maybe I was a slight suck up. Who knows, it's funny either way. I wish I could post all of them, but you wouldn't find it as humorous as I do, but here are a few that I really like. Enjoy!

10/28/91
Dear Mrs. Leep,
To be popular means mostly having alot of friends. But I'm not very popular and I have many friends. Just like the saying "To have friends you have to be one."...

Who says that? I don't know, but it sure is wise for a 4th grader. Don't you think?

9/26/91
Dear Mrs. Leep,
What I like about myself is I know how to play the piano. And I have lots of nice friends.
I missed you on Thursday. Mrs. May was nice. She got a flat tire so she got here at 8:40 in the morning.
Sincerely,
Jacque

FYI: I've never known how to play the piano. I guess I could play "chopsticks" so I'm not a total liar. Maybe I'm a tattle tale too. I told on the substitute teacher. Hmmm....what was going through my mind on this entry?

4/15/92
Dear Mrs. Leep,
Next year I want a nice teacher like you. I've never had a mean teacher, but sometimes I get mad at the teacher. I think the key to having a nice teacher is to be good, and do your best.

Once again, I must have been a very wise 4th grader!

Oh, maybe I'll post more another time. I got a good laugh, and hope you did too.

1 comment:

Shenna said...

Haha. I love looking at old journal entries. Those are classic!