Tuesday, August 17, 2010

First Day Review!

SO.... last week, the boys and I went to tour the new school. Shortly afterwards, Riley came to me and asked why summer had to go by so fast. Uh oh.... Riley is getting cold feet. It's totally normal. We took him out of his comfort zone, away from his friends, and put him in a new, strange town.

I can't even empathize with him! I was so fortunate to attend the same school, all of my school days. It's too easy to take it for granted. I knew at this young age, he would adjust well, but it doesn't make it any easier.

So last night, I got him to bed on time, and had his clothes laid out.... his joke to me (although, I know it wasn't 100% of a joke to him) was that he wasn't going to wake up, so he could sleep all through school and not go. He ended up waking up on time, getting ready just as he always did, and quietly we set off for school. I took him in to his class, and luckily his desk was closest to the door. That was that.... I became the mom of a 3rd grader.

After all the worry, Riley came home with the biggest smile on his face! He LOVED it! He was so happy he went, and can't wait for tomorrow!! Big sigh...... Now tomorrow my youngest becomes a Kindergartener! YiKeS!!!

1 comment:

Leesa said...

I'm glad he had a great first day! Taylor had a ton of fun, too. :)