Monday, August 9, 2010

Nearing the Summer's End

Saturday we enrolled the boys at Roosevelt Elementary... the biggest sign that the summer has slipped away!
Earlier, I was excited that everything in McPherson was cheaper.... enter...
EnRoLlMeNt!!!
Yikes!
I just paid $70 each, followed by lunch money, and school supplies. Mommy needs a J.O.B!!!
I can't believe both of my babies are in full time school. I feel as though I've been waiting a lifetime for Reece to finally make it to school, and now it's feeling pretty bittersweet!
I also feel as though I'm the only Mom out there (who is not a teacher) that is truly saddened that summer is over. I'll be working for Kip and Jody as soon as it starts, so I know that I'll be VERY preoccupied....
Riley has his first day on the 17th, and Reece starts on the 18th. Riley will get 1 half day, and Reece will go 10 half days, before it switches to full day.

2 comments:

Leesa said...

I understand that bittersweet feeling! My baby is going to big-kid school! I'm happy, excited, and nervous all at the same time.

Shenna said...

Wow! Both kids in school...wonder what that feels like! Maddi still has one year left before she starts kindergarten, and I can't believe how fast time has flown so far! I imagine it only gets faster the older they get.