Saturday, August 21, 2010

Summary of School

After talking with my Mom today, she has requested a briefing on the Reece's first week of school. So, here goes...

The Kindergartners are walked out 5 minutes early, to avoid all chaos in the halls. The teachers take them to a picnic table to sit and wait for their ride. When the kids see their parents, they let the teacher know, and the teacher checks them off, and they are released. Very efficient if you ask me.... guess I don't need to worry about a missing 5 year old. Well, I get the feeling that Reece loved school and did not want to come home. This is because, as soon as he saw me, he pretty much ignored me for 5 minutes, and continued to sit at the table. I even told him to get up and tell his teacher I was there. He proceeded to lay his head on his crossed arms, and didn't budge. Finally, I got him to come with me. I sure hope the teacher doesn't get the idea, that Reece has a rough home life....

Overall, Reece hasn't said much about school, but he drives me crazy in the mornings, waiting to go. This is exactly why I requested AM kindergarten for the first 10 days.... He is so bored, and asks every 30 minutes, "When is it time to go?" He has talked about computers. They have headphones and tell him what to do. He claims that he has no friends in his class... which is hard to believe. Mr. Social with no friends, yeah right! He claims recess is, "only like 1 minute." So, he says he can't have any fun. But, he loves it!

Then there is me. What happens when I drop Reece off, after hours of him driving me nuts, because he wants to go to school. I come home to a strangely, quiet home. I usually have a few phone calls to make, or emails to send for the Dinner Theater, but once that is complete, I'm LOST! I even hear noises in my house, that I never had time to adjust to. It's kind of eerie. It's an old house, and at times I find myself peeking around the corner, thinking someone is in it, but it's just my old house, that I'm not used to being empty. I guess there is only one thing I really should do to keep my mind off the empty house.... Clean! But, where's the fun in that.

Riley Update: He still is loving 3rd grade, but after his first full day, the first thing out of his mouth was..."That was a LONG day!" *sigh* Oh, and he has met a first friend named James.

1 comment:

Leesa said...

I had to laugh when Reece said recess is only 1 minute. I asked Taylor how long lunch is and she said the same thing! They only get "like, 1 minute to eat!" hehe.
She also told Jason today that she likes school, but the days are really long.