Thursday, June 11, 2009

Curious Reece

***WARNING! The following are some conversations Jake and I had with Reece recently. We have found them quite funny, some may feel differently, and I'm sorry. You have been warned.***

Last week we were getting swimsuits and sunscreen on, so we could head to the pool. As I was applying sunscreen to Reece, he asked, "Hey Mom, how do these things get big?" He was referring to my chest. Without laughing, I just had to respond that when girls get bigger, those things get bigger.


The other night, we were watching the movie "WALL-E", and it was the part where WALL-E found a bra, then he put it over his eyes. Reece said, "That doesn't go on eyes, it goes right here!" He said this as he reached over to pat my chest. Thanks Reece.


Yesterday, Riley and Reece got to go over to Tyler and Logan's house. When they got home, Reece asked if I knew that Tommi (their mom) had a baby in her tummy? I, of course, did. She is at least 6 months pregnant. Then as Jake was giving the boys a bath, this was their conversation.


Reece: "How do babies get inside mommies? Do Doctors put babies inside mommies?"

Jake: "No, daddies put babies inside mommies."

Reece: "With what?"

Jake: "With a special tool."

Reece: "Can I see the tool?"

Jake: "No, you cannot see the tool."


Gee, Jake. Next time, please tell him the Doctor puts the baby there. He's 4, for goodness sake. This is SO Reece. He is so curious, and must ask about everything. This is his way of learning. We got off easy with Riley. He wasn't the one to ask questions. He learned by observing and made life so nice.

2 comments:

Shenna said...

Love it! Oh, I'm not looking forward to these conversations with Madison. She asks a lot of questions, so I'm sure it isn't too far off...

I seriously can't stop laughing.

Andrea said...

That is Awesome.