Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Doctor Check-Ups

Today we went to the Doctors. We did Riley's 7 year check-up a little premature. (His birthday is on the 19th.) Then we needed to get Reece in for shots so he can go to preschool. (Can't believe my baby is heading to school in September.) =(
Riley has topped the 50 pound mark, he is officially 51 pounds and 4 1/2 feet. Unfortunately, we need to take him back in a month for a Hep A shot. Then in the fall (after pool season) we will have to take him in, to remove a mole on his back. We've been watching it for a couple of years and she feels it is to a size, where removal is best. She doesn't know if stitches will need to be involved, so water wouldn't be good. His mole is smack dab in the middle of his back, very close to his spine. Now that I think of it, it is pretty much on his spine. Everything else looked great though.
Since it was just a shot visit, I didn't take his height and weight. I'll save that for his birthday. Sadly, he had to get 4 shots today. We will also take him in with Riley, to get the Hep A shot as well. The nurse asked if we should do it in the arms or legs. I opted for legs, but Reece insisted arms. Don't ask me why...but he insisted. The nurse quickly shot 2 in his left arm. Reece hurt but did not cry. While she switched sides, I asked if he wanted his arm or leg. He didn't want a shot anymore. Shocking! So she did the other 2, and finally when the 4 shot was taking place, he started to cry. It didn't take too long for him to stop, then he got a sucker on the way out.
I am SOOOO thankful that I will NEVER have to have my kids recieve more than 1 shot at a time from here on out. Yay me!!!

No comments: