Friday, June 19, 2009

HAPPY 7TH BIRTHDAY RILEY!!!

My baby is the BIG 7 today!! I have so many mixed emotions. It's always exciting to see your child grow as a person, but GOSH!!!, it's going too fast!! I LOVE Riley SO much! No one could ask for a better child. I am very aware, there are no perfect people, but Riley comes pretty darn close.

Riley is so protective of his little brother. The other day, I had them at the salon. We were stuck in a tiny, extremely hot office. I asked the boys if they wanted to step outside to get some fresh air, and of course the answer was yes. They actually did circles around the salon, but the whole time, Riley held Reece's hand when they were on the move. He knew it was his responsibility to keep Reece safe. Safe from what?? The world. Even though they don't see eye to eye all the time, Riley loves Reece, and I foresee him always looking after the little one.


Riley just doesn't have the desire to do wrong. This is another reason I don't want him to grow up. It is just nature, as you grow up, you test your limits and wrong happens. He doesn't brake rules, he listens and follows through, and he cares. He is so responsible for being 7. Sometimes I worry that he is scared to do wrong. Then in my mind. I imagine a grown kid. who rebels way beyond rebellion. (If that makes sense) I try not to think that way. I do think often about how lucky I really am, for now.
The little man is so smart! You tell him 1 thing, and it only takes that 1 time. He is such a sponge and will not forget it. Sometimes I have to talk to him about how things can go, or be done more than 1 way. He picks up on things so quickly. A silly example: Riley was finally getting old enough, where saying "potty" wasn't quite appropriate. I asked him to say "bathroom" and it was done. He never looked back. I, however, still having issues making that transition.

Lastly, Riley LOVES me!! He may be a borderline "mama's boy." Riley always sticks his head in the room just to say he loves me. I have a real feeling he will be loyal to me forever. I have confidence in myself, I won't let it be the bad version of a "mama's boy."


Happy Birthday Riley!! We love you so much!!


Here's a look back at the last 6 years...



6 Years

5 Years

4 Years

3 Years

2 Years
1 Year

This is 1 year too. I couldn't resist! We celebrated Riley and his cousin, Brenic's 1st birthday together. They are 3 weeks apart. This picture was their invitation.

Now here is the Birthday quiz to tell us how Riley is or will be...
You are resilient, and no doubt your resilience has already been tested.You've had some difficult experiences in your life, but you are wise from them.Having had to grow up quickly, you tend to discount the advice of others.You tend to be a loner, having learned that the only person you can depend on is yourself.

Your strength: Well developed stability and confidence

Your weakness: Suspicion of others

Your power color: Eggplant

Your power symbol: Spade

Your power month: October


(I will have an updated picture soon. Aunt Dawn will be taking his 7 year pictures this weekend in Wichita. =)

3 comments:

Shenna said...

Wow. Seven just seems so big! Time flies by way too quickly. I think we should all just be given a stopwatch that stops time for kids. That would be my ultimate gift! I'm glad you have such sweet kids. Andrea always compliments you on how great of a mommy you have been!!

Happy Birthday Riley!!!

Andrea said...

I cant believe it. SEVEN YEARS OLD!! That is old. Old. Old... are YOU feeling old yet? hahaha.
Seriously, happy birthday to one of the sweetest kids in the world!!

Erica said...

Happy Birthday Riley! I hope you had a great birthday!! I really liked looking at your pictures throughout the years.