Saturday, June 18, 2011

Kindergarten Writings

This year, working as a para in a kindergarten class, I learned the true importance of this age to be able to hear sounds, and try to put them on paper to form words. This summer, I have made a short list of "school" type work that the boys must do, Monday through Friday..... one of Reece's items is to write a little bit in the journal. He writes the same kind of thing daily, but the topic changes just a bit..... I find it funny and cute! He isn't too creative in his writing yet, but he gets creative with his spelling! I'm actually impressed with some of the sounds he hears.... and if I say some of the words slowly, I get it! Here are some Reece spellings for you!

*GERAT = GREAT
*FIRENDS = FRIENDS
*CHOCK = CHALK
*COOD = COULD
*ISCKEREME = ICE CREAM
*NISER = NICER
*BEROTHER = BROTHER
*CACKS = CAKES
*NIESER = his new way of spelling NICER
*VEECAHSIN = VACATION
*CUNCHEROL = CONTROL (he was wishing for a remote control car)
*SCHOLE = SCHOOL
*SHEIF = CHEF
*A NETHER = ANOTHER
*WOD = WOULD
*FLAVERD = FLAVORED
*POPCSICOL = POPSICLE

Many of these I was so impressed with, and others I just love to see!! Most of his journal entries are about things he wishes for.... "I wish I could..." It's always about having junk food, having a nicer brother, or just new toys. He's funny like that!

1 comment:

jody-of-all-trades said...

Too cute! You are such a good mom.