Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Switch~A~Room

It's been close to a year since I swore off the paint brush.... but one ended up back in my hands!
On Saturday we got a crazy idea to switch the boys to our spare room (not sure when I'll finally split these 2 up.... they just love each other so much right now!!) and this would allow us to fix the ceiling in their room, with out having to remove all of their things to avoid the inevitable dust!!
Well, this was our spare room. Nothing exciting, yet too boring to put my boys in!! I went into brainstorm overload...... I did NOT want to paint an entire room! I hate painting!! What was my solution?? Stripes and chair rail! 60 hours later..... VOILA!
This was the stage of the stripes that Jake was highly doubting my judgement... I admit, it was a bold color and idea, but by the end he LOVED it all!! He gave me lots of props!!

Then I wanted something magnetic.... to replace the ugly poster boards in their old room. ENTER MAGNETIC PAINT!!
Super fun!!!









Lastly, the boys just couldn't resist poking holes in their bunky(sp?) board, on the bunk bed.... so I bought some fun KU material to staple onto it. Let's see how easy it is to poke holes in this!? (I probably shouldn't dare them.....)
On another side note, the stripes may have been more tedious than just painting an entire room, but I'm SOOOOO proud of how the stripes turned out, and now the boys have a more mature look to their room! Yay!!! Break time.....

3 comments:

Erica said...

That turned out awesome!!! You have two lucky boys to have such a creative mommy! Love the magnetic paint...hmm... So many possibilities!

jody-of-all-trades said...

Cute room! Your right - it is a more mature look. The boys are really growing up... Good job!

Tommi said...

You are so creative! I LOVE it! You need to come over and help me finish Zakk's room!