Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Senior Night

My amazing brother, Shawn, treated me to SENIOR NIGHT AT ALLEN FIELDHOUSE!!! Yay!
(Technically, credit should be given to his new in-laws, but Shawn chose me to accompany him!!)
It was amazing.... and to be there for Senior speeches and farewells was even more cool. However, this year's senior's lengthy speeches may bring more strict regulations to future seniors. They were very detailed to put it nicely.
Here are just some of my pictures from the night. I still need a better camera, but it didn't help my camera that we were up at the top. And for your sake, I tried being super selective while uploading these!!!
2008 Championship trophy!
BEAUTIFUL!!
NO, I was not trying to photograph this random man, but the banner above is pretty sweet in the HALL OF FAME!
2008 Championship team above, 1988 below with Danny Manning.

52 minutes until tip off against the Texas Longhorns.
Here is the banner that is already outdated..... 2012 needs added.
Team huddle.... Big Jay and Baby Jay wore tuxes in honor of our Seniors.
Team swaying with the crowd to the Alma Mater.
"Hail to Old KU!"
We were behind the seniors.... here is the back of their framed jerseys to send them off.
Seniors: Tyshawn Taylor, Conner Teahan, Jordan Jeunneman.
Here we go!
We love to ignore those visitors during introductions... and BOO them.
"Believe in the Phog!"
After we won by 10, Bill Self introduced the seniors, but we also got to give junior Thomas Robinson a long standing ovation because we all know this was his last game in AFH too.... Off to the NBA, but he deserves it, and will be taking care of his sister in the process. He might be the ONLY underclassmen, we as fans won't be mad about leaving early. His life circumstances need him there!
LOVE BILL SELF!!


Thanks for the memories!!
(But the post season is just beginning, so make us more of them!!!)

1 comment:

Leesa said...

Even I would have fun at such a special game!! :) I'm glad you got to go!