Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Riley's Day(s)

We hit a milestone in this house! Riley is a decade now! 
This past year has been a bit tough on Riley. His first year here was perfect, and life was lovely, but this year a sadness came out in him. People seem to think it's a growing phase, and he is just trying to figure out where he fits in. He has expressed to me, that he wishes he wouldn't have had to leave Gardner. Well.... I can't exactly take him back to Gardner, but if I could I would in a heartbeat, just for his sake! So, I did what I thought may be best, and brought a little "Gardner" to him for a couple of days. We invited his friend, Scott, down to celebrate his birthday with us. 
Wampah from Star Wars
We went swimming, to The Exploration Place in Wichita, and also did some GloGolf, but mostly these 3 boys (Reece included) played a ton of video games. I think it's the universal language for boys. Scott was quiet, but I sure do hope he had as much fun as Riley did.
At The Exploration Place (TEP) they had a Star Wars Exhibit. Lots of cool props and costumes from the actual movies. 
I had my Pinterest fun too.... Made a Crimson and Blue cake , the official colors of the Jayhawks. It's no LEGO, but it was pretty!!!
Trying to navigate a plane simulator at TEP.
The boys each made their own pizza dinners on night #1. It was pretty fun!!

Cousin, Aidan, joined us for TEP and GloGolf. They earned an Orange Julius afterwards,
Smiling, while we sing to him, hope he can blow ALL 10 candles out!
Reece won the first round, and Riley and Scott tied the second round.
This was so cute... Once Reece got his dough flattened, he kept sprinkling flour  on it, saying, "This is what real chefs do, the most serious voice.
This was Riley's 2nd gift (the first being Scott's visit and all the fun!)  I left Jake  to the shopping and  wrapping, and this is what he came up with. We are hoping Riley and Jake can create some good bonding time with this hobby!
Pretzels at the pool.... YUM!!!
Scott's last day here, we had such a lazy morning, so we went out for pancakes!
Birthday lunch at Applebee's! Silly boys!
This is how we treat the birthday boy! Stop getting older!!!

Reece talking a bunch of gibberish to me.... I don't know Star Wars!! Never seen a single episode! =)
Pretty sure Aidan is sizing up Mr. Vader....thinking he could take him on.
Making a wish!! Happy Birthday!!
(And yes, he got all the candles out!)

Thanks so much for coming to see us Scott!! Riley declared this his best birthday EVER! 
(Sorry about the pics being here and there and everywhere!! I don't understand my phone and blogging...but it's too convenient to not do it this way! )

1 comment:

Leesa said...

Looks like you did a great job on the birthday, mom! I love the cake! I'm glad Riley had such a great day. :)