Saturday, June 26, 2010

Life Of Riley

Had a few funnies to share of Riley...

Weeks ago, when I was stripping wallpaper off the dining room walls, and Riley was being so sweet to sweep it up for me, he was humming. I mistook his humming for talking, and had asked what he said... "Oh, nothing. I'm just missing my girlfriend!"

It was so adorable. I asked if he wanted to write her, and he said no. That's the last I heard him speak of Megan. It wasn't long after that, that he decided to pump some iron to get a new girlfriend.

The next funny happened the day he learned how to ride his bike. We went out for Mexican, and Jake asked what made Riley want to ride his bike. The reason he asked was, it was just days before, Riley told us he didn't care about the bike, and didn't want to ride it. He's been saying this since we took the training wheels off a year ago. Riley's response was, " I got tired of standing on my scooter, and wanted to sit down."

Oh, so typical of Riley. He will find anyway to not release too much energy. It also helped that the 10 year old next door got him more inspired than we ever could, or Riley wanted to fit in better....

2 comments:

Leesa said...

Kids are so cute! I love the honesty that just pours out of their mouths! hehe!

Tommi said...

Ha Ha! I can totally see Riley saying these things!