Wednesday, October 12, 2011

FAIL

Oh, my!!
Reece is constantly bugging me about decorations. ANY decorations.... Halloween or Christmas, anything. I had a little time to kill while Riley was at basketball camp, and just a few dollars I could maybe part with, so where do you go when you are in McPherson? Walmart. It's your only "local" option! Reece and I go browse the tiny "Seasonal" section, and boy was it disappointing!! So I go for the traditional spider webs with some fun spiders..... our porch is perfect for these. To add a little bit more, there was a "black light" light bulb that cost under $2.... why not?
We get home, and in the cold rain, I get out and dress up our porch. I did a pretty good job, if you ask me..... the next day came the wind. Now it's a disaster!! The web came undone in 70% of the places it was attached, and the wind got the web so tangled, it's not stretching for me the way it did at first. And the wind won't stop! Every time I go near the web, it sticks to me, but it won't stay where I put it! I am so annoyed, that I really just want to toss it all in the trash.... but that would crush Reece. So I have a countdown of 19 days until November 1st going on in my head....
Lastly, remember that "black light"? What a JOKE! It was a soft reddish~purplish glow, but it didn't light up anything! I joke that I think it made my porch darker when it was on! That will be returned..... instead Jake found a REAL black light at Lowes, and it was on clearance! That is the highlight our LAME (as Reece would say) attempt at having some Halloween fun!
Moral of my story.... well, I have lots of them.... I really dislike Walmart! I really MISS Target! And I really need to plan for these things in advance, since it seems Halloween is sold out before October begins.

1 comment:

Leesa said...

Boo on the wind!! Good job for trying!! It must be the age these kids are at right now, because Taylor is the same way about decorations.