Sunday, July 12, 2015

vacay: day one

Notice: I have a problem...I either take too many pictures or not enough. Rarely is it the perfect amount. So as I take us through our vacation day by day, it will really be apparent when I didn't take enough. Oops!
***
And we are off... Our long road trip back to Kansas to see family and several friends and their new(ish) babies that came along since the last time I saw them.
What? We had only been on the road for an hour when this happened. They should have saved nap time for when we got out of the beautiful mountains!

Poor photography on my part... half way there.

Hello, Kansas!

We stopped in Salina and had dinner with Grandpa McMillan. We ate at one of Reece's favorite restaurants, Diamaru. A Hibachi grill and it was tasty!!

Finally our last leg of the trip...we made it to Wichita. The trip was about 11 hours, but 9 hours drive time. Dinner took a while, but it was nice catching up with Grandpa!

We made it! Look how big my baby nephew, Lucas, is getting! (He was very shy this trip, but as cute as ever!) We stopped by my parent's to say hi and after hanging out for a while we went to my sister's to get settled in after our long day on the road.

No comments: