Friday, July 8, 2011

Scrapbooking Blues

As you recall, a few weeks back, I pulled out my scrapbooks and photo albums for Riley's birthday.... they had been boxed up in our basement ever since we moved here a little over a year ago. It didn't take me long to get into a funk! Pulling out these scrapbooks did 2 things to me. One, it made me MISS scrapbooking!! I wasn't ever a crazy scrapbook fanatic, but I really had fun learning new ways to display pictures of my babies! And two, I was really depressed at how much scrapbooking I did for my first born, and not my second!! Oh what an awful feeling!! Now I'm so far behind, that I have a hard time thinking about where I'm going to begin.... So I asked my friend, Leesa, if she wanted to start scrapbooking together. She's a huge fan of scrapbooking, so of course she said yes! We set a date, she brought her girls to my house (the kids had a blast!), and we scrapbooked! I think the only problem was, that we hadn't talked in so long, we found ourselves talking way more than scrapbooking..... so a couple hours later, I only had one, very simple looking page done.
But it was of some of my favorite pictures of Reece!! Look at that happy kiddo!!
And to show how much I have of Riley, scrapbooked....
above is his first year, that took up all of one book,
and below are 20 more pages, that get us up to the age of 4.
(I haven't gotten an actual album yet to put them in... Oh the chaos!)
Then we have Reece's album.... 20 pages, age 18 months, and not even an entire album filled.
Yikes!! Poor second child!!
This has given me a goal.
It is to catch my scrapbook up to my blog.... once my blog begins, Reece will be able to look back and see how much I've blogged about him, because of his adorable age. Maybe this will kind of make things even..... or maybe not!
*sigh*

1 comment:

Leesa said...

Aw I love this post! :) I brought my camera that day, thinking I would take pictures, but I was having too much fun talking and didn't think about it.
I love the finished page of Reece. What a cute little chunky baby!!