Monday, December 28, 2009

Christmas Eve Fun!

The boys and I went down to Wichita on Wednesday, to ensure we missed the bad weather. I was very hesitant to even go, because it would've been the worst Christmas ever if Jake would've gotten snowed in, up here. On the morning of Christmas Eve, it started snowing around 8:30 am. The wind was SO strong, that it wasn't sticking very much, but the wind was the worst I've ever seen. The boys, Aunt Jaime, and I were brave enough to head over to Aunt Jody's to make Christmas goodies. On the menu, homemade carmel, toffee, sugar cookies (not homemade), a peanut butter/white chocolate popcorn mix, and my favorite, a carmel puff like treat. SO YUMMY!!

Reece has such great concentration, or as I say, the Michael Jordan tongue.
Riley, Aidan, and Reece decorating cookies.
Owen, after a nap, observing the decorating!
Then it was back to my parents for the preparation for Christmas. This is what the tree looked like before the Christmas madness began. This picture does no justice for how beautiful my Mom's tree looked.
The infamous stockings! 34 handmade stockings, hung with care!!
Santa's plate of treats, and some carrots for the reindeer. I bet you can't guess which 2 cookies were made by my extremely talented sister, and which cookies were decorated by the boys...
Bed time!! Hopefully, no coal for these boys!!

2 comments:

Leesa said...

I saw your mom's tree and it was AMAZING. It made me go home and tell Jason I want a real tree next year. :) And I love to see all those stockings too! I can't believe your Grandma made all of them!

Andrea said...

I cant believe the stockings! Your parents are so good to do that for the kids. What a great memory!