Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas!


We had a great Christmas! Jake made it to Wichita safely last night. Riley and I slept terribly due to our excitement for Christmas. Ever since I can remember, I've never slept on Christmas Eve very well, and I think it's getting worse as I get older. I love Christmas so much more as a parent!! It must be genetic, because Riley is on the same track. Anyhow, pictures will have to wait for me to get back home, but just wanted to share another funny Riley story.

The boys had their cousins here at my parents from 1130am till about 830pm. One particular cousin, Aidan, is the most creative kid ever. His wheels are always turning, and he is so great at entertaining himself, and making up fun for hours. Riley came to me with an exhausted look on his face at about 8, and collapsed in my arms (remember he had a sleepless night, and 830 is generally his bedtime.) He looked up at me with zero expression, and in the saddest voice said, "Aidan has lot a 'magination."

I just laughed! I asked if he wished he had that much imagination, and told him I thought it would be so much fun, and apparently more exhausting. He agreed life would be much more fun with a little more. Funny kids!

1 comment:

Leesa said...

You and I are on the same page! I logged into my blogspot to see if anyone had posted their Christmas and then after I downloaded all my pics I checked again and your post was there. I'm glad you had a great day! (And glad Jake made it to Wichita safely. Icy roads always make me nervous.) I hope you have a safe trip back home. Maybe next time you come we can meet up!